Our postal address is:
We Are Rationale Ltd, 15 Queen Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1JE
We can be reached via email at [email protected] or you can reach us by telephone on +44 (0)131 553 2952
Please read this policy carefully to understand more about the information we may collect, use and share.
- the personal information we collect from you, either directly or indirectly;
- how and why we use it;
- who we share it with;
- the rights to which you may be entitled;
- your choices about how we use your personal information.
Information you provide to us
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, phone number and email address. This happens, for example:
- Events: If you are interested in attending one of our events that we are responsible for organising (whether in our own name or on behalf of one of our clients), we collect your information for our legitimate interests (i.e. to be able to organise the run events as part of our service delivery). We will seek your consent to use any health, disability, dietary or allergy information which we may need to use in this context.
- Job and Internship Applications: We collect personal information in the context of processing job and internship applications as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations to ensure that our application processes comply with applicable laws, and also for our legitimate interests to ensure that candidates are appropriately qualified and suitable for working with us. Such processing may also be necessary for us to take steps before entering into an employment contract with a candidate.
- Business Contacts: We use personal contact details of business contacts (including journalists, bloggers, social media influencers and others who we work within the context of delivering marketing services on behalf of our clients) for our own legitimate interests of running our business, and also for the legitimate interests of our clients to benefit from the services that we provide to them.
- Marketing: Where personal information is used for marketing purposes, we will ask for your consent to do this.
Information we collect automatically
We may collect some information about you using cookies or other similar technologies when you browse our website or if you open or click on links in electronic communications from us.
This information may contain details including your domain name, IP address, operating system and browser. We Are Rationale may use this information to understand page visits on the We Are Rationale site. This information may then be used to improve the We Are Rationale website and user experience. We also retain information contained in the contact forms of our site. This information is stored in a password protected third party CRM.
Information collected from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including payment processing companies, your bank, credit reference agencies or data brokers. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, for example when you interact with us on such platforms.
Why we collect your information
We collect and use your information for a variety of reasons. We need some information to enter into and perform a contract with you – for example your contact and payment details and this will be collected and agreed as part of our on-boarding process.
Some information processing is required by law or in the public interest including making sure we verify our customers’ identities.
Some information is processed because you have given your consent to that, which can be withdrawn at any time via a data deletion request to our Data Protection Officer via [email protected]
We collect other information because we have legitimate business interests in doing so, for example, in:
- Understanding how you use our products, services and websites;
- Understanding and responding to feedback;
- Researching, analysing and improving our services;
- Maintaining a public profile on both traditional and social media;
- Providing security over our business and who we trade with; or
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, partners and other companies and dealing with individuals who work for them in our sector.
How long do we retain this information
We will keep your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary. How long depends on factors such as whether you have any contractual agreements in place with us or have interacted with recent offers and services. We will also routinely refresh our information to ensure we keep it up-to-date, so you may also receive preference emails from us from time to time to ensure that your data is up-to-date and relevant to your needs.
We need to collect certain types of information to allow us to comply with legal requirements relating to our anti-fraud / anti-money laundering / know your customer obligations. If this information is not provided we cannot provide you with a service. Your personal information may also be processed on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the conduct or defence of a legal claim. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect to provide you with relevant information about the services we offer and to communicate with you, including, for example, informing you about new case studies and service offerings. We also use information for business operations, security, safety and dispute resolution.
Communications, marketing and advertising
We use data that we collect to deliver and personalise our communications with you. We may, for example, contact you by email or by other means of electronic communication (including by social media platforms) to inform you about any news from We Are Rationale or to invite you to attend events hosted or sponsored by We Are Rationale Ltd.
Information we share
There are certain circumstances where we may transfer your personal data to employees, contractors and to other parties.
- We may share your information with certain contractors or service providers. Our suppliers and service providers will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide to them, including your information, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function.
- We may also share your information with certain third parties. We will do this either when we receive your consent or because we need them to see your information to provide products or services to you. These include credit reference agencies, anti-fraud databases, screening agencies and other partners we do business with.
Your personal information may be transferred to other third-party organisations in certain scenarios:
- If we are required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or;
- If we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police;
Your personal data may be shared if it is made anonymous and aggregated, as in such circumstances the information will cease to be personal data.
Where your information will be held
We store our information on computer systems and hard copy files held by We Are Rationale Ltd both on premises and via third party (secure) data systems such as CRM software and Data Analytics’ systems.
We will only transfer data to jurisdictions outside the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) where the appropriate safeguards set out in the GDPR are in place.
You may have certain rights in relation to your information including a right to access or to correct the information we hold on you. We have listed the rights you have over your information and how you can use them below.
These rights will only apply in certain circumstances. They will generally not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
- You can remove consent, where you have provided it, at any time.
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your information.
- You can ask for access to your information.
- You can ask to correct your information if it is wrong.
- You can ask us to delete your information.
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your information.
- You can ask us to help you move your information to other companies.
- To help with that, you have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company.
- You can ask us to stop using your personal information, but only in certain cases.
- You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
Our data protection officer (DPO) provides help and guidance to us to make sure we apply good practice standards to protect personal information. Our DPO can be reached by email at [[email protected]] if you have any questions about how we use personal information.
Changes to the policy
This policy is kept under review and will be changed from time to time, to find out more information, please have a look at our full policy.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe. We have put in place physical, technical and administrative measures to prevent unauthorised access or use of your information.
In addition to this, we have also completed a Cyber Essentials certification and are compliant with the Government Assigned Standards.
Registration number: – XXXXXXXX
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your preferences cannot be provided.
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site. To find out more about cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or see www.youronlinechoices.eu which contains further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy.
If you have any questions about this statement or your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
Analytics & Trackers (Description of Cookies)
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables in-depth campaign reporting to give us insights about our website visitors. The LinkedIn Insight Tag tracks conversions, retargets website visitors, and provides insights about members interacting with our ads.
Opting out will set a cookie on your computer. This cookie only contains a list of the analytics and trackers that you have opted out of. Removing this cookie will re-enable all trackers.