Rationale joined forces with St James’s Place (SJP) Financial Adviser Academy to bring their new podcast series, ‘The Switch’, to life. We wanted to define an engaging series that resonated with SJP’s target audience who are considering a career change, while offering broader listeners valuable insight on the conditions for success.
The SJP team were keen to provide valuable resources and insights to individuals considering a switch in their life course or career choice. To address this, we developed a podcast that effectively conveys the resilience and mindset required to successfully make significant life changes.
To launch ‘The Switch’ podcast, Rationale delivered creative and strategic work for the Academy. We worked with SJP to define the goal of the series, and how to engage their target audiences with a compelling proposition.
We undertook a series of activities to define, articulate and amplify the podcast including discovery workshops, creating a cohesive and dynamic visual identity, and informing social media activation.
To achieve this, we:
- Developed a compelling narrative that communicated the new career change podcast, including the podcast name: ‘The Switch’.
- Developed a visual identity for the podcast, honouring SJP’s brand guidelines, while creating a distinctive and recognisable look for the podcast.
- Sourced and selected a roster of high-profile and diverse guests, including lawyer and celebrity quizzer, Shaun Wallace; and the UK’s most successful female jockey, Hayley Turner, who talked openly about their highs, lows, and the pivotal moments where they decided to make the switch.
- Developed thought-provoking interview questions.
- Coordinated and managed podcast recordings.
- Edited and refined the content, enhancing the listening experience while preserving the authenticity of each guest’s story.
- Created activation assets to promote each episode by producing social media video cuts for ‘special’ episodes, designing and crafting attention-grabbing social assets that furthered ‘The Switch’ identity.
Social media assets
The podcast’s engaging content, complemented by high production value, has elevated the academy’s brand and attracted a broader audience in a new way. ‘The Switch’ is resonating with a growing audience, gaining positive feedback and demonstrating the effectiveness of the storytelling approach to career change. We are continuing to work with SJP to launch further episodes of ‘The Switch’ to share more meaningful stories of success and resilience during life transitions.
Search ‘The Switch’ on any podcast platform to listen today!
“Working with Rationale to create our podcast, 'The Switch', for the SJP Financial Adviser Academy has been an absolute delight. Their creativity and branding expertise were evident from the start. They understood our vision and target audience, delivering captivating episodes that seamlessly blended entertainment with valuable insights. ‘The Switch’ stands out with its professional branding elements, captivating storytelling, and engaging content. Thanks to Rationale, our podcast has become a tremendous success, resonating with our audience and reinforcing our position as a leading financial adviser academy. I highly recommend Rationale to anyone seeking a partner who can bring their creative vision to life and elevate their brand to new heights.”
“Working with SJP on The Switch has been very rewarding. Together, we've created a powerful brand and marketing tool and are producing lots of rich and timeless content. I'm looking forward to seeing where The Switch goes and supporting the SJP team to amplify the podcast and grow its audience.”